PDE3 Learn 2 Code: Altino for Hawaii's Educational Professionals
Since 2017, Oceanit has trained 555 teachers from almost 250 schools using the Altino coding system, creating a STEM education snowball effect to reach as many of Hawaii's students as possible and setup a future of computer science understanding.
We continue this trend into 2020 by inviting more K-12 educational professionals to join us for a 3-day, DOE-accredited Altino course, generously funded by the Public Schools of Hawaii Foundation, Kamehameha Schools, and Toyota Hawaii.
Oceanit's complex-based curriculum development is the hallmark of our training system; bringing together teachers from grades K-12 who are working in the same complex. This approach creates the opportunity for educators to develop a cohesive, comprehensive curriculum that can grow with students as they progress through grades and schools. The following complex dates and locations are scheduled Altino courses for 2020.
Setup for each class begins at 8:00 a.m. and the day ends at 3:30 p.m. No previous coding experience is needed to take advantage of the intro courses, but some experience may be necessary for 'Advance' courses. If none of the below dates and locations work for your educational group, SCHEDULE YOUR OWN - Find 3 days that work for your teachers and contact us via email here.
- March 16-18 Campbell Kapolei Complex Intro Coding PDE3
- March 19-21 Maui Complex Intro Coding PDE3
- June 3-5 Campbell Kapolei Complex Advance Coding PDE3
- June 8-10 Statewide Scratch PDE3
- June 10-12 Maui Complex Advance Coding PDE3
- June 17-19 OPEN
- June 24-26 AMR Complex Intro 3 day/3 credit PDE3
- July 1-3 Leilehua Complex Intro 3 day/3 credit PDE3
- July 8-10 AMR Complex Advance 3 day/No Credit
- July 15-17 KMR Visual Block Coding (Scratch) PDE3
- July 22-24 (NEW DATE) Altino Statewide Advance PDE3
- Oct 12-14 Kauai Complex Intro 3 day/3 credit PDE3
- Oct 14-26 OPEN