Analog/Mixed Signal Integrated Circuit Design Engineer
PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking an Analog/Mixed Signal Integrated Circuit Design Engineer to work with a team of engineers to develop new ASIC designs including infrared readout integrated circuits (ROIC) as well as other analog and radio frequency (RF) solutions. The engineer will lead both front and back end design from low level, schematic to layout, verification, foundry hand-off and testing.
If you are a, high-energy self-starter, a superb collaborator and have analog/mixed signal integrated circuit design experience, this position may be the one for you!
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Define ASIC specifications for new projects in conjunction with cross-functional teams.
- Superb technical and engineering expertise in the development of new mixed-signal circuit concepts primarily for ROIC applications and support of implementation from specification through design, fabrication and testing.
- Identification and response to critical design aspects such as speed, processing capacity, power and area.
- Work with a team of multi-disciplined engineers to evaluate and simulate system architecture choices, and develop and test those concepts.
- Design analog and mixed signal circuit blocks as part of a larger design effort.
- Bring market and competitor knowledge to help craft technical and programmatic win strategies. Provide technical expertise, knowledge, pursuit strategy, and business opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise on circuitry and other RF problems.
- Research technical literature, plan, design and execute projects. This involves customer interface, planning and scheduling, identifying and purchasing of equipment and supplies.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience. PhD degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Proven track record of electrical engineering expertise – 3-5 years of experience with custom IC design.
- Experience with ROIC design and focal plane arrays preferred.
- Experience in transistor-level schematic design, layout, simulation and verification using Cadence or Tanner EDA.
- Experience with physical design and guiding mask designers to create high quality layout.
- Experience with analog/RF design using 180nm CMOS processes or below. Laboratory characterization and chip debugging experience.
- Understanding of device physics and manufacturing processes.
- Experience and knowledge of one or more scripting or programming languages, such as Python, C, Matlab, VHDL.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and competently convey technical system design and trade information to a wide range of audiences for design reviews and proposal writing.