PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work with a team of engineers to research and develop innovative electronic systems in diverse areas.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Apply your existing knowledge as part of a technical team to develop innovative, novel electronic systems.
- Expand your core competency to contribute to a broad range of technology development projects while working with trans-disciplinary teams.
- Generate and develop your own innovative ideas with assistance from highly experienced engineers and scientists.
- Design electronic circuitry and optical components with specific characteristics to fit within specified mechanical limits and to perform according to customer specifications.
- Designs suitable mounts for optics and power supply systems. Incorporates methods for maintenance and repair of components and designs, and develops test instrumentation and test procedures.
- Work with a team of multi-disciplined engineers to develop and test those concepts.
HOW YOUR WORK IMPACTS OCEANIT:
- Technological Discovery: Our rule-breaking practice of Intellectual Anarchy™ produces disruptive innovation, as we consistently discover the edges of thinking and create breakthroughs in engineering, and technology to change the world.
- Collaborative Innovation: Empowering our teams to practice transdisciplinary thinking allows for extraordinary problem-solving across disciplinary boundaries. Our teams morph together and apart, aligning the best experts in each discipline to solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Our teams reject old norms and create breakthroughs that move whole industries and communities forward.
- Strategic Growth: Use technology and engineering principles to develop and apply new electrical engineering concepts in line with the growth strategy of the company.
- Business Development: Interface with clients and respond to external opportunities that are in line with the company’s strategy.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BS required; MS or PhD preferred in Physics, Optics, or a related engineering field (e.g. electrical or mechanical).
- Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Existing secret, top secret and/or SCI clearance a plus.
- Competent, broad technical knowledge of various electronic systems, as well as their design, simulation, fabrication and testing.
- Experience with analog or digital circuit design, layout and testing.
- Experience with wireless communication systems such as tactical radios, satellite communication or MIMO communication systems.
- Experience with software defined radio.
- Experience in business development, customer relationships, concept development, and proposal writing preferred.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- High motivation and initiative. Ability to work with little or not supervision.
- Ability to quickly ramp-up knowledge and apply it in the engineering process.
- Extensive FPGA development.
- GPU experience highly desired.
- Experience with wireless communication systems including software defined radio.
- Demonstrated ability to generate innovative ideas and effectively propose them to others.
- Experience with optical sensor systems, their design, manufacture, and testing.
- Experience with integrated circuit design and layout.
- Experience with focal plane arrays.
- Broad technical knowledge to support development of innovative electronic systems, including skills and experience in:
- Digital signal processing.
- Digital communication.
- Numerical analysis using software such as MATLAB.
- Analog/mixed-signal circuit development.
- Digital design and FPGA deelopment.
- PCD design and fabrication.
- System design.
- Hands-on experience with lab test equiment such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, and signal generator.
- Programming experience.