Business Development Director, Washington DC
We are seeking a Business Development professional with the following qualities: a strong collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a proven track record of building effective governmental and corporate relationships, , an ability to work with a wide range of constituencies, a high level of integrity, and an ability to effectively communicate and translate high level technical matters. This position is based in our Washington D.C. office and will operate as part of the business development team, reporting to the CEO.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Support existing programs and coordinate with technical business program managers.
- Identify, pursue and close on funding opportunities for Oceanit products and services.
- Participate in industry associations, seminars, and events to develop market awareness and leads.
- Present the Oceanit brand and value proposition in daily business activities.
- Ensure high client satisfaction levels by providing valuable insights and support to Oceanit and the client.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelors degree in technical field (engineering, science, ICS, physics, etc.) required; advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience demonstrating:
- Leadership skills
- A high-energy, highly motivated, self-starter with a strong desire to excel
- Comfort and successful interactions with executive level individuals
- Strong emotional intelligence - excellent listening and communications skills
- Experience at negotiating successful deal closure
- The ability to analyze complex situations and exercising sound judgment to achieve desired results
- Receptive and responsive to new ideas, input, & feedback; demonstrated strong strategic thinking ability
- High level of professionalism, credibility, and integrity.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Knowledge of the Federal R&D and Acquisition system and Agencies (e.g., OSD, DARPA, AFRL. ONR, ARO, NIH, DOE, DHS, etc.)
- Ability to understand, translate, and deal with technical programs and issues
- Understanding of the process of innovation and commercialization
- Posses or qualify for Secret/Top Secret Clearance