PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking a Synthetic/Polymer Chemist who will lead a broad range of scientific duties, including new materials development, chemical synthesis, test and evaluation, customer interface, project management, and proposal writing. You must be an inquisitive, high-energy self-starter, a great communicator, and a superb collaborator.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Hands-on execution of chemical, process, and product application experiments relating to new process development, nanomaterial fabrication & testing, and electro-chemistry.
- Use scientific and engineering principles to develop new materials, processes, technologies and new products in line with the growth strategy of the company.
- Identify existing or develop new chemicals that best fit performance requirements for new products.
- Interface with customers, research technical literature, plan and conduct experiments, and lead the activities of junior-level scientists/engineers.
- Assist in managing various development/prototyping programs. This involves customer interface, planning and scheduling, identifying and purchasing of raw materials.
- Respond to external opportunities that are in line with the company’s strategy.
- Provide technical leadership in directing and coaching the technical activities and employees with less experience or as assigned.
- Develop technical assumptions and costs for annual budget
THE EXPERTISE WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- PhD in Synthic or Polymer Chemistry or closely related field
- Deep understanding of principles and techniques used in chemistry science.
- At least 2 years experience in an industrial company and/or laboratory that conducts materials development and advanced materials manufacturing.
- Proven experience in successfully obtaining and executing government research and development funding.
- Team player, collaborative, self-motivated, results oriented, fast learner who can grasp the essence and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical topics to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong background in materials science and physical characterization is desired, including methods such as particle size analysis, densitometry, porosimetry, dynamic vapor sorption, and tensile testing.
- Proven track record of invention, as evidenced by patents and successful new product commercialization preferred.
- 3 years industry supervisory experience in the materials science industry.
- Expert-level proficiency with laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including two years experience as a lead technical contributor.