Senior (Materials/Chemical/Mechanical) Engineer
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Performs theoretical and experimental, hands-on research and development in materials science, including composite formulation and fabrication.
- Uses scientific and engineering principles to develop new materials, processes, technologies and new products in line with the growth strategy of the company.
- Designs prototypes and scales up for manufacturing.
- Prepares samples of new materials using a variety of laboratory techniques.
- Performs laboratory testing of new materials, including mechanical and acoustic evaluation.
- Conducts field installation and testing of new materials and related technologies.
- Leads research and development teams in conducting field trials.
- Utilizes CAD, modeling and simulation, 3D printing and machining.
- Interfaces with vendors as needed.
- Assists in technology transfer and scale-up for industrial operations.
- May assist with responses to government solicitations that are in line with the company’s strategy to secure funding for R&D activities.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• BS/MS/PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.• Strong proficiency with laboratory equipment and procedures, required.• 3-5 years of experience in an industrial company and/or laboratory that conducts materials development and advanced materials research and advanced manufacturing preferred.• Broad knowledge of construction materials and techniques preferred.• Mechanical design skills, including CAD, modeling and simulation, 3D printing and machining preferred.• Experience with oil and gas construction or upstream operations is a plus.• Proficiency with machine tools and basic laboratory equipment.• Industrial and advanced manufacturing experience is a plus.• Experience with acoustic analysis and/or well logging tools is desired.• Able to work well independently, as well as, in a team/group environment.• History of leadership in construction or manufacturing preferred.• Security Clearance eligibility, required.• Superior verbal and written communication skills required.• Ability to learn new skills and adapt to a rapidly changing and exciting environment.