Design, develop, and implement innovative software with an emphasis on algorithm development and reusable architectures. Interact with Oceanit’s scientists and engineers as well as external customers to define requirements and present results. We are looking for someone who will thrive in Oceanit’s transdisciplinary, fast-paced, creative environment. We currently have software work in cyber security, scientific data analysis, and machine learning. The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly and move into new areas.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work within a horizontal management structure and an agile team environment.
- Take responsibility for assigned technical software deliverables
- Generate innovative ideas and solutions for Oceanit projects and strategies for business growth.
- Design, modify, develop, debug, and test software using Java, C++, Python, or other programming languages under Linux, Windows, MacOS, or other operating systems
- Develop innovative algorithms to solve novel problems
- Use standard tools for configuration management, issue tracking, etc.
- Document software APIs and user interfaces
- Produce clean, elegant, maintainable and extensible code
- Troubleshoot, test, and analyze problems and determine solutions.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 1 year experience developing software
- Experience designing and documenting software algorithms and architectures
- GPU experience highly desiered.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software technologies quickly
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process
- Must be eligible for DoD clearance requiring background investigation
- GPU experience highly desired.
- Experience in one or more of the following: firmware, assembly code, cyber security, algorithm development, artificial intelligence, machine learning, signal processing, memory management model, operating systems internals