Design Project (Civil) Engineer
The Design Project Engineer is able to plan and conduct work requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Generates innovative ideas and solutions for projects. Provides design expertise and has a full knowledge of developing engineering plans for site development including grading, water supply, wastewater and drainage.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER
- Possesses strong AutoCAD/Civil 3D skills.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of Civil Engineering standards and practices.
- Able to plan, develop, and carry out the technical requirements of varied civil and environmental projects.
- Leads preparation of design drawings and specifications and construction phase engineering tasks.
- Provide assistance to the Project Manager for miscellaneous tasks.
- Responsible for technical execution of assigned projects; ensures that deliverables are met, including report-generation.
- Maintain mentor-style relationship with junior engineers.
- Able to lead design team while adhering to project budgets and schedules.
- Enforce project QA/QC.
- Executes and/or assists with field work.
- Provides review of RFIs and submittals.
- Proficiency in GIS is a plus.
- Interacts with clients and contractors
- Manages a number of concurrent assignments and priorities.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail.
- Cultivates, nurtures and builds customer relationships to grow existing and new customer bases.
- Identifies key technologies and industry trends.
- Participates in team effort to develop innovative ideas, strategies and tactics to support engineering business development and bring ideas to market.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
THE EXPERTISE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
· Registered professional engineer licensed in the State of Hawaii or equivalent from reciprocal state jurisdiction, required.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
· 6 years of relevant engineering work experience required.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.