Senior (Materials/Chemical/Mechanical) Engineer
Science and Technology
Honolulu, HI (Oahu)
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Performs theoretical and experimental, hands-on research and development in materials science, including composite formulation and fabrication.
- Uses scientific and engineering principles to develop new materials, processes, technologies and new products in line with the growth strategy of the company.
- Designs prototypes and scales up for manufacturing.
- Prepares samples of new materials using a variety of laboratory techniques.
- Performs laboratory testing of new materials, including mechanical and acoustic evaluation.
- Conducts field installation and testing of new materials and related technologies.
- Leads research and development teams in conducting field trials.
- Utilizes CAD, modeling and simulation, 3D printing and machining.
- Interfaces with vendors as needed.
- Assists in technology transfer and scale-up for industrial operations.
- May assist with responses to government solicitations that are in line with the company’s strategy to secure funding for R&D activities.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BS/MS/PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
- Strong proficiency with laboratory equipment and procedures, required.
- 3-5 years of experience in an industrial company and/or laboratory that conducts materials development and advanced materials research and advanced manufacturing preferred.
- Broad knowledge of construction materials and techniques preferred.
- Mechanical design skills, including CAD, modeling and simulation, 3D printing and machining preferred.
- Experience with oil and gas construction or upstream operations is a plus.
- Proficiency with machine tools and basic laboratory equipment
- Industrial and advanced manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Experience with acoustic analysis and/or well logging tools is desired.
- Able to work well independently, as well as, in a team/group environment.
- History of leadership in construction or manufacturing preferred.
- Security Clearance eligibility, required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to a rapidly changing and exciting environment.