The Drafter/Designer is able to produce CAD drawings for civil projects including construction plans for roads, dams, coastal structures, and infrastructure projects (water supply, wastewater, drainage) as well as other civil, coastal and environmental works projects. Responsible as member of project design teams for identifying and proposing solutions to evolving design issues.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Incorporates topographic, satellite, bathymetric, and other external data and maps into CAD design.
- Works with Project Manager/Engineer in preparation of design drawings including necessary plans, sections, profiles and details.
- Maintains project drawing files, associated records and documentation in an orderly condition.
- Conducts grading, volume calculations, and other calculations based on drafted designs and imported data.
- Assists with scheduling and submittal of design deliverables.
- Establishes and enforces drafting and design QA/QC.
- Provides assistance to the Project Manager for miscellaneous tasks.
- Manages a number of concurrent assignments and priorities.
- Identifies key technologies and industry trends.
- Participates in team effort to develop innovative ideas, strategies and tactics to support engineering business development.
- Performs other related duties as needed, including occasional work in the field.
THE EXPERTISE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of relevant drafting experience required, preferably in the civil engineering field.
- Prior experience with design/coordination/assembly of construction documents required.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Possesses strong AutoCAD and Civil 3D skills.
- Knowledge of National CAD Standard (NCS), as well as, familiarity with local, State, ADA, and Federal design standards.
- Possesses a basic knowledge of Civil Engineering standards and practices.
- Proficiency in GIS is a plus.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail.
- Works well collaboratively with a project team.