Human Resources Assistant
Seeking Human Resources assistant to handle all operational Human Resources functions, including benefits administration.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Benefits Administration
- Assist employees with inquiries and concerns regarding their benefits.
- Liaison with and prepare correspondence/communication with employees, carriers, administrators and Payroll to ensure smooth operations and processing.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all enrollment and benefits documentation.
- Assist with policies and procedures for benefits administration (including welfare benefits, 401K and other/supplemental benefits).
- Update employee information (personal, enrollments, changes, terminations) on database, in all records/files and communicates changes to vendors.
- Communicate and reconcile deductions with Payroll.
- Reconcile all monthly billings and prepare requests for payment; ensure timely and accurate payment of all invoices.
- Coordinate Open Enrollment and handle all transaction processing.
- Ensure compliance with EEO, labor and ERISA laws.
- Staff Engagement and Retention
- Assist with planning, tracking, coordinating Wellness Programs, employee engagement activities/events, Training & Development, Safety/Security and other staff communication and records and special projects.
- Actively participate in and contribute to Oceaint’s task forces and teams (employee appreciation events, wellness, employee relations).
- Assist with new hire orientations, training programs, staff consulting, etc.
- Recruitment and Employment
- Assist in the preparation of all recruitment materials and coordination of career fairs/visits.
- Post job vacancies on the website and other sites
- Schedules all interviews
- Assist with recruitment, selection, tracking and hiring coordination.
- Employee Actions and Records Maintenance
- Handle all new hire, employee change (transfer, promotion, change in department/status/pay rate, etc.) and termination processing.
- Review bi-weekly trial payroll and payroll deduction reports.
- Oversee Self-Service and key employee records into HRIS database and maintain employee information.
- Prepare and maintain employment and confidential files.
- Organize and maintain Human Resources electronic and hard-copy files – applicant, vendor, I-9, EEO, training, etc.
- Administrative Support
- Prepare and submit compliance (EEO, OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, benefits compliance/audit, etc.) reports.
- Maintain Human Resources’ sections of the website and Oceanit Ohana (intranet).
- Prepare and coordinate all Human Resources-related purchase requisitions and reimbursements.
- Assist with administrative support as required, including correspondence, communication, use of office machines, purchasing and running errands.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Manager to evaluate, create, develop, implement and maintain enhancements and upgrades to all Human Resources-related policies, procedures and systems.
- Provide back-up support to the Human Resources Manager as required.
- May assist with other administrative duties in Administration (i.e. travel, procurement, security, administration).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Associates’ degree or college-level coursework; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred.
Three years of administrative office support experience required; Human Resources and Benefits administration experience preferred.
MS – Office proficiency required. Ceridian HR/Payroll, Empower 401K, health insurance, and disability insurance experience preferred.
Detail-orientation, excellent communication skills, professionalism to handle sensitive and confidential information, flexibility to operate in varied work-pace environment, ability to work independently with minimal supervision on directed and self-initiated tasks, and MS-Office proficiency, required.