Engineering Project Manager
Seeking an Engineering Project Manager to manage projects and provide direction to project teams. The incumbent will oversee functions including project planning, budget development, maintaining schedules, coordinating communications, performing risk management, writing reports, tracking milestones and contracting.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to ensure that corporate goals and strategies are achieved.
- Mentors and builds teams to develop staff and create synergistic cross-functional teams.
- Manages programs and projects – defines program/project objectives, plans, develops, directs, coordinates and exercises control over resources and personnel (technical and administrative staff) for assigned projects, ensuring that adequate and appropriate resources are assigned and remain within budget allocations.
- Ensures progress is being accomplished toward specific project and modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect and attain or exceed objectives. Regularly reports to management on program/project status and, when necessary, take corrective actions to meet program/project goals.
- Supports existing programs and coordinate with the business development team.
- Monitor and evaluate operational effectiveness. Designs and implements standardized project management processes and procedures, which are consistent with corporate processes and procedures.
- Determines the economic value of initiatives and garners commitment of affected parties to achieve financial, strategic and objective goals.
- Acts as key customer interface to build business relationships as well as ensure customer quality control on program deliverables.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science required. Master’s Degree or Ph.D. a plus.
· 5+ years of engineering and/or R & D management experience required.
· 5+ years of progressive engineering experience preferred.
· Strong program and/or project management experience with superior organizational skills required.
· Demonstrated ability to provide well-developed, strategic thinking and direction in a fast-paced, diverse, high-growth environment.
· Technically astute, business-oriented engineering manager with proven abilities.
· Able to thrive in chaos and to success within an informal ‘start-up’ environment. Flexibility to adjust in a continually changing environment.
· Superior leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required.