Engineering Intern (Part-time, Temporary until 12/19/2019)
The Value You Deliver:
§ Source and interface with vendors and 3rd party fabricators to build and maintain laboratory testing setups and prototype systems.
§ Handle, formulate, mix, and package chemicals and coating materials.
§ Assist in creating test samples and applying coating for prospective and current clients.
§ Document any process improvements or modifications resulting from the research.
§ Communicate and coordinate with materials team regularly.
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- Graduated or currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree at a 4-year university in chemical, mechanical or materials engineering or a related field.
- Work experience in designing or maintaining power generation systems (non-solar), is preferred.
- Experience in designing thermodynamic efficiency models is preferred, however this position will predominantly focus on building physical prototypes and executing experiments, with modeling only used to augment collected results.
- Previous experience working with condensers and industrial heat exchanger equipment is greatly preferred.
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment independently.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Comfortable with replicating and executing experiments involving chemical surface treatments and coating of metal pipes and tubing.
- Capable of designing and fabricating prototype model systems.