PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking a Financial Analyst to prepare financial analyses of program/contract performance and track/monitor programs and contracts against schedule, budget and phase review objectives.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
· Assist with contract cost tracking and reporting.
· Preparation of financial analyses of program/contract performance, including financial reports and schedules for the guidance of business unit and program managers.
· Work closely with executives and business unit managers to enhance achieving the goals, objectives, and established strategic plans.
· Promote and execute company initiatives across the enterprise.
· Develop/establish systems for tracking contracts, subcontractor contracts, deliverables, compliance and forecasting.
· Track and monitor programs/contracts against schedule, budget, and phase review objectives and provide status reports on a regular or as needed basis;
· Provide recommendations for control and cost reductions of program/contract. Work with Managers and Staff in corrective actions to accomplish required/desired results. This includes alerting Senior Management of cost and budget overruns or potential issues.
· Make recommendations and implement solutions to problems related to same. Implement approved measures to promote, evaluate, and track the integrity, effectiveness, and efficiency of program/contract management controls.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelors degree in Business administration or Accounting preferred.
- Two or more years of accounting experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger, required; cost accounting experience in a business environment, preferred.
- Federal government contract experience, a plus
- Knowledge in manufacturing and inventory, preferred.
- Office administration skills, including Microsoft 365, MS-office suite; Outlook required.
- Knowledge of accounting software Deltek Ajera, Timberline, or Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.