PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking an Environmental Engineer to address complex environmental engineering challenges across spectrum of issues associated with sustainable and resilient engineering, including civil works, water chemistry, environmental impact, water treatment, coastal environments, wetlands, and protected eco-systems. . Prepares, manages and executes environmental studies, as well as designs, plans, specifications, estimates, and reports. Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in solving complex environmental challenges.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Manage and support complex environmental investigations related to environmental issues including water, water chemistry, water quality, soil, air and other environmental challenges and impacts.
- Drafts and prepares designs and plans related to various engineering projects including environmental remediation, environmental sustainability and restoration, including but not limited to coastal eco-systems, wastewater, groundwater, air quality, soil contamination, etc.
- Drafts and prepares designs and plans related to various engineering projects including site development and infrastructure including utilities, water management, earthwork, roadways, beach erosion and protection, beach nourishment, coastal structures, dredging, harbor design, and environmental monitoring.
- Performs engineering design analysis, evaluations including hydrology and hydraulics computations.
- Writes and/or edit technical reports and permit applications. Prepares technical and research reports, such as Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements., and communicates the results to individuals in industry, government, or the general public.
- Analyzes coastal and oceanographic processes and the interactions among waves, currents, sediments, and structures.
- Assists with collection and analysis of field data from land and hydrographic surveys and water quality monitoring.
- Prepares research, quality control or technical reports and proposals on environmental issues, and special technical, scientific reports and articles. Communicate results of environmental research. Prepare statistical calibration regressions and other analyses, and reports results.
- Prepares documents including project specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and other required project related work for obtaining regulatory approvals.
- Conducts analysis of technical products and systems and prepares plans for implementation.
- Participates in client or customer coordination and planning meetings and includes customer liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Prepares engineering design reports, basis of design reports, and other technical studies.
- Prepares requests for proposals or statements of work. Prepares proposal documents or grant applications.
- Participates in team effort to develop innovative ideas, strategies, and tactics to support engineering business development and marketing
- Conducts research of processes in natural or industrial ecosystems.
- Assists with the collection of environmental data or samples. Participates in field activities to collect and analyze data.
- Plans for and participates in client or customer coordination and planning meetings and liaison with regulatory agencies. Plan for and attend project community meetings.
- Leads project work – environmental restoration, coral reef monitoring, water quality monitoring, habitat impact mitigation, wetland and pond rehabilitation, NPDES monitoring, etc.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering required; M.S. or Ph.D. a plus
- 3 years of engineering (preferably civil engineering) experience required; professional engineering license preferred.
- Drafting and designing experience required. Proficiency with Office computer applications (AutoCAD, MS Project, Matlab, MathCAD, Civil 3D, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), and familiarity with GIS.
- Team player; enjoys working with diverse, collaborative teams.
- Strong people skills, consensus building, community interaction experience, comfortable with and willing to learn and become proficient in leading design thinking sessions on environmental and community issues.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, naturally curious individual who enjoys learning and taking on new challenges. Comfortable with adapting to changing priorities and requirements.