Product Design Intern
The Product Design Intern is part of Oceanit’s team of Product Designers which are ultimately responsible for the creation of relevant, innovative design concepts for the Company’s products. The Design Intern will be part of the Cool Suits team and will be responsible for supporting the creative process, product design, assembly, user testing of the new product. They will collaborate with the engineering and research teams to incorporate new technology with the end goal of developing an intuitive and easy to use product.
The Value You Deliver
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to ensure that an intuitive and easy to use product is developed.
- Create detailed spec packs, in collaboration with designers, through detailed drawings and complete briefs to Product Developers and Product Managers so that prototypes and BOM’s can be created.
- Sketch, illustrate concepts at various levels of detail.
- Must also be able to build Mood/ Concept boards.
- Must also be able to design trend reports and show clear diagnostics of global trends in any design category.
- Work with the Design and Product Team members to ensure feasibility of designs which meet price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, color, fabrics, trims, and technology.
- Actively participate in design off-sites, inspiration trips or other user feedback testing.
The Expertise We're Looking For:
- Product Design experience - including academic and personal projects; include links to portfolio in resume.
- College degree in progress preferably in Design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator with working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of garment construction, patterns and textiles is preferred.
- Ability to apply, perform and manage design skills such as drawing/sketching, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation development and layout.
- Extreme attention to detail required and a proven ability to establish and maintain schedules and deadlines.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
- Ability to use design softwares such as Rhino, Alias surface studio is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan.