PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking an Electro-Optical Engineer to work with a team of engineers to develop advanced optical and infrared systems and to support new business and technology pursuits.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Technical lead for sensor system development to ensure delivery of high performance technology on-time and on budget. Responsibilities include coordination of internal technical team, oversight of vendors, and technical interface with clients.
- Work with the technical team to plan, design, build and test electro-optical and laser systems.
- Design electronic circuitry and optical components with specific characteristics to fit within specified limits and to perform according to customer specifications.
- Incorporates methods for maintenance and repair of components and designs, and develops test instrumentation and test procedures.
- Work with a team of multi-disciplined engineers and scientists to develop and test those concepts.
- Bring market and competitor knowledge to help craft technical and programmatic win strategies.
- Provide technical expertise, knowledge, pursuit strategy, and business opportunities relative to the above tasks.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BS in Physics, Optics, or a related engineering field (e.g. electrical or mechanical) required; MS or PhD preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance. Existing secret, top secret, and/or SCI clearance a plus.
- Competent, broad technical knowledge of optical systems, their design, manufacture, and testing.
- Experience with integrated circuit design and layout.
- Experience with telescopes and focal plane arrays.
- Experience with laser communications.
- Experience fielding and testing electro-optical systems.
- Experience in business development, customer relationships, concept development and proposal writing, preferred.