PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking a Civil Engineer to independently handle complex engineering activities, including the preparation of designs, construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, and reports; evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, and uses judgment in making modifications.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Prepares designs and construction plans related to various engineering projects including site development and infrastructure including utilities, water management, earthwork, roadways, beach erosion and protection, coastal structures, dredging, and harbor design.
- Performs engineering design analysis and evaluations including hydrology and hydraulics computations.
- Assists with environmental assessments and permits.
- Prepares documents including project specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and other required project related work for obtaining regulatory approvals.
- Assists with fieldwork and inspections.
- Participates in client or customer coordination and planning meetings.
- Prepares preliminary engineering reports, basis of design reports, and other technical studies.
- Participates in team effort to develop innovative ideas, strategies, and tactics to support engineering business development and marketing
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required; advanced degree in Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of engineering design experience.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Proficiency with office computer programs (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Project, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), and familiarity with GIS.
- Supervisory experience leading collaborative teams preferred.
- Team player – someone who enjoys working with diverse, collaborative teams.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual who enjoys learning and taking on new challenges.