Inventory, Logistics and Field Deployment Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Strategic Initiative
PURPOSE/ROLE: Oceanit is seeking an Inventory, Logistics and Field Deployment Coordinator to manage inbound and outbound logistical operations including inventory management, warehousing, and transportation. Responsible for Houston office and warehouse management and operations.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Responsible for the coordination of jobs ensuring seamless logistics for personnel, including job materials, equipment and coordination with outside vendors if required
- Responsible for open purchasing and procurement, shipping and receiving, inventory management, and issue of equipment, repair parts, tools, consumable items, and hazardous materials.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with safety standards and protocols, including safety training, reporting/documentation and equipment/supply maintenance.
- Manage inventories and general and specialized supplies
- Manage and coordinate product preparation and delivery (inventory management, package and handling, and shipping coordination)
- Maintain a commitment to executing projects safely, to a high-quality standard, and exercise good professional judgement when working on-site.
- Responsible for safe handling, storage and mixing of chemicals and materials
- Review monthly inventory reconciliation and yearly physical inventory reconciliation ensuring timely and accurate reporting.oordinate inventory responsibilities with Accounting and Administration in corporate office
- Coordinate inventory responsibilities with Accounting and Administration in corporate office
- Participate in inventory site inspections on a regular basis to verify quantity and conditions of inventory goods.
- Show willingness to learn new techniques and use/install new equipment, as well as the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances
- Source machine shops and facilities to build custom equipment.
- Assist with field work, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FO:
- Knowledge and understanding of international and domestic transportation and shipping
- Able to travel extensively to conduct field trials in the US as well as internationally
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- High School Education, GED, vocational training or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of an inventory accounting/operating system is preferred
- Logistics experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to write/explain details well
- Able to travel as needed
- Computer Proficiency - Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong mathematical skills as related to inventory management
- Able to analyze and troubleshoot issues for customers
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Long periods of sitting
- Office and warehouse/industrial environment
- Possible exposure to severe weather during field trial deployments