Challenge: Situational Awareness (SA) is one of the most over-used phrases in the military. There are numerous SA systems that provide the command center with real-time awareness of a problem in time and space.
Innovation Delivered: What separates Coalition Localized Urban Enhancement (CLUE) apart from other SA systems is that it provides spatial and contextually relevant information to the person in the field. CLUE provides the person in the field with the same rich information that is available in the command center including access to live sensor feeds, historic information, and peer tracking.
CLUE can also be used in a variety of markets that require users to be aware of their surroundings and able to communicate their observations to their counterparts. Key functionality includes:
- Uses commercial off-the-shelf hardware
- Capture and display geo-located multi-media information
- Augmented reality view and 'tours'
- Live sensor feed integration
- Location tracking of peers
- Map view and polygon/line drawing in field
- Built in peer and group instant messaging
- Multiple viewing options
These features and many others enable users to have the most current and complete information as they perform their duties in their work environments. Vertical markets for CLUE include security, natural resource management, and education.
CLUE is designed to be a situational awareness tool that can be deployed on a COTS device (e.g. smart phones). Its two components include: Mobile Handheld Application, as well as Command and Control Web Interface. This allows field users and the command center to quickly and easily visualize points of interest, enables capture and transmission of geo-located rich media, and works in both online and offline conditions.
Benefits of this product include:
- Ability to allow field users and command center to quickly and easily visualize points of interest
- Enables capture and transmission of geo-locate rich media
- Online and Offline features both available