MERCI is a system developed by Oceanit for conducting and managing emergency damage assessments following a natural disaster. The MERCI system allows responders to collect multiple data types (e.g., text, photo, video) and securely upload the information to a MERCI server where data can be analyzed at an emergency operations center in real time.
The Mobile Emergency Response and Command Interface (MERCI) was developed to allow emergency responders to make quick and accurate damage assessments following a natural disaster. By using commercial off-the-shelf mobile devices to complete forms, procure photographs and video, and add global positioning system location, information is made available immediately through MERCI. Backend command and control functionality provides centralization of data at the emergency operations center. MERCI is lightweight, highly configurable, and can integrate with other enterprise systems.
- Uses existing damage assessment forms or creates custom forms to fit special requirements
- Links geo-referenced photographs, videos, and assessments
- Auto-populates data fields for property revisits
- Contains built in reports and queries to calculate real-time damage estimates
- Map interface visually displays different types of assessments and the spatial distribution of damage
- Improves resource allocation and route planning