THE APPLICATION WINDOW FOR THE SUMMER 2024 STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED – However, one Intern-Chemical/Materials Engineering position is still available. To learn more/apply for the Intern-Chemical/Materials Engineering position, please click below.
Take the challenge and apply your technology, engineering and science knowledge, skills, and education in the Oceanit Student Intern (OSI) Program. Candidates are selected based on education, skills, career goals, and current business requirements.
What will you do as a summer intern?
- Collaborate with Oceanit’s scientists, engineers, or professional staff on a wide array of cool, research & development projects. You could develop a mobile app, Build AI computer vision models, restore a wetland or stabilize beach erosion, work with advanced metamaterials and nanomaterials which could revolutionize our future… the possibilities are endless!
- Conceive and develop your own innovative project proposal and present it to the Review Committee at the end of summer… many projects have resulted in products and services for our clients!
- Go into the field or to client sites and work with our customers to solve wicked problems and deliver value for humans and society.
What are we looking for in a summer intern?
- Problem-solvers with a talent for invention. Hard worker, fast learner, and self-starter.
- Team player, fun to be around, and good communicator.
- Have taken some courses in engineering, science, or information technology.
- Recent graduate (within last year) OR student enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student (diploma, certificate, etc.) and taking at least half-time academic or vocational and technical course load at an accredited high school, technical, or vocational school; 2-year or 4-year college or university; or graduate or professional school.
- At least minimum age required by federal, state, or local laws and standards governing the employment of minors. Non-citizens may be eligible for employment under U.S. immigration laws.
How do you apply?
- Each year, resumes are reviewed beginning in January.
- Interviews will be conducted with finalists during February & March. Selections and formal invitations are completed by April and candidates will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.
- Candidates are selected based on education, skills, career goals, and current business requirements.
Thank you for your interest in the Oceanit Student Intern Program! To see all the specific intern opportunities and to find our general application submission, click the button below. If you have any questions about the program, dates, or application process, please contact us via our contact form.
Summer 2024 internship opportunities have been filled – thank you to all those who applied. Please check back on this page for opportunities in 2025, which will open around December 2024.