Innovating for our local and global community is an important part of our work, but so is actively participating in our community. Oceanit believes that access to education and technology is a necessity and we work hard to provide students and the community with the power to discover better possibilities and fulfill their potential.
We created the Oceanit Research Foundation to advance these goals. Oceanit Research Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization focused on positively impacting our community—and all of humanity—through lifelong learning, innovative curriculum, community outreach, and STEM missions that benefit all students – young and old.
We have worked to build the technology industry in Hawai’i by coaching teachers and students in robotics, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs, while also participating and supporting foundations, charities and events that are close to our Ohana’s hearts.
Oceanit is committed to providing support for humanitarian organizations to help further scientific research, rebuild affected communities, and assist families in need. From groundbreaking projects and research, to sustainable activities in our communities, Oceanit and its employees have participated in fundraisers, donation drives, community activties, job fairs, and much more. Additionally, Oceanit has provided a sustainable working atmosphere by developing products and technologies that are eco-friendly and implementing business practices that could help reduce and manage our own environmental impact and risks.
In 2018 & 2019, Oceanit’s Ohana:
- Coordinated the second annual Oral Cancer Awareness Walk, raising over $18,000
- Held our annual employee holiday craft & bake fair to support Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii
- Participated in the Angel Tree Project for the Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii to benefit over 50 keiki and kupuna
- Made contributions to the Public Schools of Hawaii Foundation and the Hawaii Parkinson Association, while also participating in the annual Parkinson Walk
- Judged middle and high school-level science fair projects at the Hawaii State Science and Engineering Fair, divisional and local school fairs
- Brought our Augmented Reality Sandbox to several Elementary, Middle and High school events for hands-on educational fun
- Presented over 10 Design Thinking workshops for Hawaii teachers, executives, local schools and business leaders
- Participated in the Annual Girl Scouts of Hawaii GirlFest, STEMFest, and the Girl’s Summit at the YWCA
- Attended and sponsored multiple job fairs across the island, with a focus on kama’aina employment
- Received multiple awards for work in STEM and resilient sustainable engineering (RiSE)
- Gave presentations on the future of Hawaii coastal sustainability and participated in several Hawaii beach cleanups
- Won Hawaii’s first agricultural hackathon, AGathon with our Harvest Vision AI innovation with Kauai Coffee
- Spoke with hundreds of career driven high school students at the EMERGE Youth Leadership Conference
- Grew our offering of Altino Coding summer cohorts, instructing hundreds of Hawaii’s teachers on how to code using the Altino car
- Title Sponsor for the 8th Annual “Design Thinking Hawaii” Bootcamp
- Presented Earth-saving technologies that can revolutionize energy at conference like the OTC in Houston, ADB Water Forum in Manila, ADIPEC in Abu Dhabi, and the Pitttsburgh Coal Conference in China.
- Traveled to the National STEM Summit in Washington D.C. to represent the State of Hawaii and speak about our education initiatives
- Participated in the State’s Manufacturing Day at the Hawai’i State Capitol
In the spirit of Ohana, let’s continue to serve and build our communities!